Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Biding my time

Cathartic writing: COMMENCE!

Some days I just feel like.... "ARGH" in my head. I may not always express it outwardly, but I have those days...and they seem to be getting more frequent. I have lost track of how many positions I have applied for online across America, but I have not heard back from any one of them. I keep my daily application to the Ellen Show going...I'm sure they're 'loving' my stuff coming in every day, and I'm waiting to hear back about a semi-full time job that I applied for locally..but, ugh. I'm just not sure. I know what I really love to do is sing. Should I pursue that? How do I pursue that? I need equipment...and a songwriter better than myself to be involved. For all of these things-you need money. And currently, I am trying to hoard my money, because if you hadn't noticed--it's scary out there! I was looking at some different systems for recording my own music, but I really have no idea what I am doing. I've heard Finale is good..Cakewalk...but what about GarageBand? I mean, i HAVE garageband, wouldn't that be the best way to go? But don't I need something 'nicer'? And, also a real microphone to record it with. Anyways...these are the kinds of thoughts that I get caught up in, and in the meantime-I STILL don't have a job. I know I'm not the only in in America with this problem and that scares me even more. There are a lot of us out there, all looking for new positions, which means there's even less likelihood of getting it because of the hundreds of thousands of people applying for it that have better qualifications and...okay. stop.

deep breath...

another deep breath....


I believe that God is in control and I know that He is teaching me something about waiting and being patient and trusting in Him that He can work it out. It's just that in the meantime, my human 'freakout' side is having a heyday of freakingoutedness. Seriously.


In other news, we had our first read thru for Zombie Prom on Monday evening, it was fun..my character gets to be surly and mean. Love it! =) I won't even have to 'act' that hard! =) Kidding....the scowly faced girl did get the role that I was going for, but it's okay. It turns out I know her from another life..and she's had a really rough life so if she wants to be scowly faced, I'm okay with it.

That's it for now. Cathartic writing: cease!

No comments: