Friday, January 23, 2009

So, I didn't get the part..but!

I got the call just a few minutes ago from the assistant director. When it was him and not the director I had a feeling that the news was not the one I was hoping for. But I'm getting ahead of myself. So I got the call, and he's like.."we would like to offer you the part of"...and I have to admit I was like...YES! I got the role! YES! and then he said "Ensemble cast" and "Stage Manager of the TV Station" and my heart fell just a bit. Just a wee bit though. I told him yes, I would love to accept these roles, and he said the first read thru would be Monday and I said "See you then!". Yes, as previously pointed out--I am a dork.

Anyways, after my initial disappointment the feeling that followed was relief. If I had gotten the lead role, oh man..I don't know if my nerves would have survived! I have not acted for real since college (graduated in 1999 and the chorus parts with Virginia Opera don't really count), and I really just want to be part of a show again! I think I need to get my feet wet in the chorus before treading the boards (that's theatre talk) in a lead role! So, there it is. Some relief, disappointment, and mostly-excitement. I think the show is going to be a lot of fun and the people I met at the audition are really nice..hopefully they'll be in it!

Okay, now the not so nice thing that I want to say is--I hope that the scowly faced girl did not get the role that I was trying for! She was mean! And she could sing, but not great--but..I have a feeling it's her because her reading really was the best in my estimation. I will find out Monday I guess, and report back of course! I can't wait to post pics of rehearsalw and whatnot. This is going to be fun!

1 comment:

hgrenier said...

Congrats on your parts. you have great perspective too! great opportunity to get your feet wet and make some connections for the next performance! :)