Thursday, January 22, 2009

"The Callback"

So tonight was the night! I had my calback audition for "Zombie Prom"! I got there pretty darn early for a 7:30 call, as in, I pulled into the parking lot at 6:57. What can I say!? I like to be on time! For things like this at least. So I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes and waited for more people to come and once they did I went in. So, I was up against three other ladies for the part of Miss Strict (see previous post for character description). Not to sound conceited, but I was definitely the best singer out of all of us. Oh, our part had to go first before all the other parts, which I actually prefer so I don't have to sit there and think about things and get more nervous! So we had to learn a song from the musical and it was pretty darn funny. This musical itself is really funny. I liked the other songs I heard too, it's really clever. After the singing it was a ton of cold readings. This was the thing I was really nervous about. I don't feel that I am that strong of an actor. I like to play around and do improv kind of things and imitate people, but I think acting is different. I tried to take some chances and make my readings unique from the others, but I don't know. There was one girl in particular who had a pretty decent voice that I felt was a better actor, but I might be reading too much into it. We were done by 9:20 and the director said he should let us know something by tomorrow, or Saturday afternoon at the latest.

No matter what happens I am glad that I gave it a shot! You will all know as soon as I know something, promise!!

No comments: