Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Panera Day again

So maybe Tuesdays can be my Panera day....? I came last week, and now today..which is Tuesday. I think.

I came to my blog today to write all the crap I've been feeling for the last few weeks...because if a blog up on the worldwide interwebz can't be a cathartic place to write how crappy you've been feeling, then what can I ask you? But when I got here and set up my mac...the gentleman sitting across the way from me decided to involve me in his dialogue on politics and the economy and what did I think about it and blah blah blah...all because I have my 'I voted' sticker on my computer case. So, caught up in an unwilling dialogue, not wanting to be rude--I did subtly not quite pay attention to what he said hoping he'd take the hint, but people like that never do, do they? Anyways, I finally had to gently tell him that I was working on some things and really needed to concentrate. He acted a little bit hurt, but he went away....I'm thinking, hey it's not like I was the one that asked you over here! I am sure that he's just lonely and I should have maybe drawn him towards a discussion about God or something, but honestly I was just tired and didn't feel like it. Sorry, God.

So, instead of writing about how discouraged I am today you get this. I don't know what this is. But I think I'll list some things out that I've been thinking about/doing for the past few weeks:

1) I went to Lynchburg to hang with Shelah for a few days. We had an awesome time of just lazing around watching Psych and going to see movies (Bedtime Stories and Bolt) Love you Shels!

2) I went to see Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. I had wanted to see it before the Golden Globes, but didn't get a chance. After it won 4 I convinced Mom to go with me to see it. It was in a word, amazing. Go see it. Now.

3) I have applied for some more jobs...shocker...

4) So far I have not heard back from any jobs at all

5) Some of the jobs are in England

6) Yes, I'll be okay with moving there

7) I missed getting my application into the Ellen Show yesterday--I've been applying every weekday. I hope they don't hold it against me..missing a day and/or applying every day! lol

8) I need to write the lyrics for my song..and then figure out how to record it...and then do a music video to it..paging Dave Daniels...

9) I finally watched 'Commentary! The Musical" which is the musical commentary track on the Dr. Horrible DVD. I guess listened is a better description than 'watching'. The show is on, but the whole commentary is in musical form. I think the songs are even better than the ones in the original musical. The Whedon brothers are so creative!

10) I'm crushing on Neil Patrick Harris. he hosted SNL this weekend? Did you see it? He's great. Too bad he doesn't like girls...sigh. isnt' that always the problem?


That's about it. Crazy man is now on his 2nd victim (after me). I'm going to be leaving Panera soon...I've gotten enough out of my house today I think.and I have my church job tonight. yay

Oh, I read 1 Cor 8:37 today. well, that whole last part of the chapter really--and it helped me feel better about things! You should go read it.

No comments: