Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tales of the Unemployed...

That title makes this blog seem like something cooler than it really is. Or maybe it doesn't, or maybe I'm cooler than I think. Whatever it is, I was going stir crazy in my house today so I decided to shower (yay) and head out to my local panera (aka free wifi). That way I can still be connected and get things done, but be in the public...where people look at you. So, I've been looking at people, people watching I guess you could say. The guy at the table cata-cornered from me moved b/c the people next to me (and behind him) are really loud. I have my iPod on though, so they're not bothering me. I thought the one lady was blind, but she just has really squinty eyes. Then there's another guy a few tables away that keeps taking his macbook (looks like a pro) with him every time he gets up. Relax, man..we're not ALL out to get you. Only some of us. Who am I kidding? I'd probably do the same. He just looked really funny carrying his open macbook (pro..? or NEW macbook?) with his panera plate and coffee mug. I should take all of these people observations and put them in a book or something one day. Or not. I came here to 'write', theoretically. There's that script that I started for a class that I've yet to finish. I think it could be good...and funny. It's hard to write funny. But, I don't know..I just don't think my talents lie in script writing...I can edit..but coming up with something original to say is really hard. Have you ever tried? A lot of the time for me it just comes out sounding like something I think Tina Fey has already said--and said funnier. So, yeah. This is day three of business days of unemployment. Well, besides my part time job at the church. I have that tonight, and tomorrow night. I keep applying all over the place..I know someone's gotta bite somewhere! I don't even care where. Speaking of, I need to get my daily application in to the Ellen show. It's only been two days in a row so they probably haven't noticed yet. I remain ever hopeful though! OKay...blogspot is acting weird..I better go. I have much more people watching to do..and 'script work'. right.

1 comment:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Love the Panera stream of consciousness. I agree that it's hard to come up with something completely new. But I don't know if anyone REALLY does (except for horror and science fiction writers maybe - at least I *hope*). I have to write about things that happened and if I wrote fiction, it would absolutely be a variation of the truth. A better, more interesting, funnier truth. And I think it's easier to write "funny" than serious. Serious is hard. Of course funny is relative - so maybe I'm not as good at that as I think....