Saturday, January 3, 2009

Late Night Musings...


I got a kitten. It probably wasn't the best decision financially at this time-but Tux has been a great distractor for my life issues. He's adorable and I can't imagine life without him. Here's a pic for everyone to enjoy!

Well, today was my first officially 'unemployed' day. I celebrated it in true style by sleeping in a little late, seeing a movie in the afternoon, and basically (with the exception of aforementioned trip to movies) spent the day in my pajamas. This is going to be really weird. With the holidays it was easy to just think of it as holiday time, but now it's January and people are heading back to work and I'm still flailing. I've applied all over the country (and one out of country-one guess as to where =) and just tonight have updated my monster.com account with a recent resume and cover letter. I've also decided that I'm going to apply to be an intern at the Ellen DeGeneres show like..every day. Seriously, I think she likes tenacious people and I've decided that the worst they can do is get a restraining order out against me! I applied once before, on a whim, while working on my Comp Exam. That was before the eliminated position day though. Now, it's for real and it's no holds barred. I will be relentless!

Speaking of Comp Exams, btw--I passed. And, I got an A and A- in my classes, respectively. All that remains is for the school to process my paperwork and my former coworkers to post my degree and send me the (golden) three final transcripts in the mail...and eventually my diploma...and it's official! That exclamation point is fake. I'm really not feeling it. I won't even walk until May, and really it's been kind of odd. Finding out about my job issues really took away a lot of the joy I was feeling about finally (finally) graduating. Maybe it'll come back when I see that transcript with Master of Arts written across the top.


I'll keep you posted on my job searches. I think I'll probably be either working for a temp agency and/or volunteering at a local Christian organization in the meantime. Plus I still have my church job. So, I'll still be as busy as I have always been, but now I can watch tv or read a book without any guilt!

1 comment:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love Ellen. Hope you get that job!