Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So, It's Been a Week...

and I'm feeling better.

mostly.


I have my moments.


Sometimes I hesitate to write what I'm feeling on here, thinking that it might be 'too much', or 'too raw', but then I would be lying to everyone. I hate being lied to so I don't think it's fair for me to lie to you. I felt better that night after some prayer and having lots of people pray for me, and I'm taking steps towards what I hope will be gainful employment, they're just agonizingly S L O W steps. Ay yi yi.

Anyways, I don't really have any news on that front right now other than I have another interview of sorts this weekend, so prayers would be appreciated! It's for a part time job that I think would be really cool, AND a welcome financial addition to my current income. If I could work the church job playing piano, this part time job, and also pick up a few vocal students, then I might be okay--for a bit anyways! I have a few more employment opportunities of the full time sort that might be more of a 'down the road' kind of thing. See what I mean by slow?

In the meantime, "Working", the show I was in, closed this weekend. We had a great run and I really loved the experience. I'm contemplating auditioning for one more show before those long term employment opportunities come along, but--the show is kind of far away--and..I don't want it to interfere w/my part time job possibility. So, I just might let that show go. There'll be other shows for other times. You can't do it all, you know?


I went to see "Up" today and oh my word, I loved it. I cried, I laughed, I cried again, and then I laughed again. It was a great story, and I hope everyone gets a chance to see it. I love that AMC has $5 admissions Mon-Thurs, it really saves me alot of money.

Of course, when seeing a movie there are a few things that always tend to annoy me. So, here's a letter to the offending parties:

Dear Lady with Two Small Children Not Yet Old Enough to Sit Through a Whole Movie,

I'm so glad that you got the chance to come out, but I really do not enjoy watching a movie with your kids constantly running up and down the aisles, calling to each other, 'whispering' to each other (have you heard a toddler whisper? I think it's louder than their normal speaking voice), whine for "THEIR" popcorn, and make a general nuisance and commotion of themselves. But I guess I should have been thankful because when you finally gave up and left halfway through the movie (hooray!), I hadn't realized that you were distracting me from an even worse offender. So,

Dear PISTACHIO NUT EATER FAMILY,
O M G. Why, out of all of the snacks in the ENTIRE world, did you choose to bring PISTACHIO NUTS to enhance your movie experience (and therefore practically ruin mine)?!?!? Not only did I get the joy of hearing you crack them open with your teeth, I also got to hear the awesomeness of the discarded shell hitting your makeshift garbage tray in the seats next to you. I would like to thank you because previous to this experience I thought that having someone pop their chewing gum was the the worst possible thing to hear in a movie theater. You proved that there's something even more especially heinous in nature. Shame on you!


Sincerely Concerned about the Future of Movie Theater Etiquette,
Shawna

Stay tuned readers....I have another blog coming up in just a jiffy. That's right! It's a two blogs in one day kind of day!

No comments: