Sunday, February 8, 2009

What are you focusing on?

So, while I've been unemployed I have had a lot of time alone with just me and my thoughts so this past week i decided to try and fill my week with more activity. If I have a plan for each day then I'm more likely to not be trapped alone with my thoughts. Because my thoughts aren't always good ones. Not like I'm sitting plotting things-but I get very easily discouraged when left to my own devices. So I worked one afternoon this week at a charity I sometimes work with, just doing some office work to help with their mailing list (accurate records save them money for their mail outs!). I saw a few movies...worked on a video shoot with my friend, Dave, had lunch with different friends almost every day (which i need to lay off doing that-spending too much money on food!) Anyways, in the midst of my running around last week a good friend asked me what I'd been focusing on that day. I had to stop and think about it, and I had to honestly reply-well, nothing really. Nothing worthwhile at least. So you can take that for either good or bad--good-meaning that I'm not focusing on the negative aspects of my current job situation, or bad-meaning I need to be more on the ball with getting jobs! Hanging out and meeting people for lunch and seeing movies for $5 during the day is all well and good, but I am really ready to get back into a routine. So, you know..if you hear of anything, please let me know!

Oh, and about the focusing thing-she was coming more from a spiritual aspect. And, in that realm--I'm getting by. I have faith that God will provide. He's done it before, and He'll do it again...even if I'm not sure at this point just exactly how that will be working out!

No comments: