Monday, February 9, 2009

So...I almost became a 'skilled laborer' today, except. not really

So last night I hear from my parents that a friend of ours is working at a temp agency. I'm like..score! Gonna call him! So, I called him this morning and he, frankly, seemed surprised that I wanted to go with their agency. I thought it was odd, but put it off to thinking, well maybe it's because we know each other. About an hour or so later I go and look up the company online, yeah.. umm..turns out..they mostly work with the local shipyards providing skilled laborers.


pause for a moment while you picture me holding a blow torch or some sort of tool



Except you can't. Because I am so un-handy that I am known to use a butter knife as combination hammer/screwdriver.

Yeah, so I emailed him to say um..thanks, but no thanks. Now I feel like an IDIOT!

Just another day in unemployment land...

I did go to another agency this afternoon (doesn't look hopeful) and called another that I have an appointment with tomorrow. Hopefully something will come from it! 'Til then I just keep trucking and applying daily for the Ellen show..speaking of...better get my app in!
Signing off...

3 comments:

Palmer Surf Crew said...

That is hilarious!! :) Good luck with the job search!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Alison!! (aka Palmer Surf Crew) =)

hgrenier said...

That one made me laugh out loud! Especially the multipurpose butter knife comment... classic! ;D