Thursday, May 14, 2009

So, I saw "Wicked" again tonight...

Before I get into my blog..I'd like to laugh at my blog titles recently. They are all basically starting out with "So...such and such, blah blah", it makes me feel like I'm naming an episodes of "Friends". Did you ever notice that most of the episodes were titled something like "The One where Ross and Rachel Get Hitched" or whatever..."The One With..." was their thing, apparently "So" is mine!

Anyways, I got to see "Wicked" again tonight. I love it so much. I mean...LOVE it. I remember when I first bought the soundtrack on CD (who buys CDs anymore?)..I liked it..alot. But then, I fell in love with it. I think it was the track "As Long As You're Mine" in combination with "Defying Gravity" that did it for me. Something about it just really speaks to me. I always wanted to see it on Broadway (especially when Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel were in it-LOVE them) and finally did get the chance thanks to my amazing cousin. He and Dakota, Jenn and I took a trip to NYC in December of 2007 to bring in the New Year. So, that was when I got OBSESSED with the show! I knew I wanted to see it again, but knew I couldn't afford it on my own, so I just tried to be okay with the fact that I had seen it at all (a lot of people don't get to) and move on with my life. Then I went to England last year...and guess what's playing in London? At the Victoria Garden theatre? Yep. Wicked. On our last full day in London Mirachelle and I spent the last of our money going to see a matinee. She twisted her ankle in the street on the way there-but that wasn't going to stop us from seeing our obsession! (She was as into it as I was, thankfully) Bless her heart, she really was a trooper that day! I still loved the show-but it was way better on Broadway (sorry, London). Then the tour came around here, FINALLY and I was able to see it again. So, that's three years in a row of seeing Wicked and I think it makes up for the fact that I never got to see it with Kristin and Idin--and I could do with seeing it a lot more times, and I think it makes up for the fact thaa. Til I'm tired of it-although not sure that can happen! They're holding a lottery for $25 tickets like they do in NYC and I'm so going down there for a chance to see the matinee tomorrow! Mom and I don't have much anything else to do!

No comments: