Thursday, May 14, 2009

So, I saw "Wicked" again today...

lol..yeah. I did. No judging! You're just jealous! Or maybe you're not--but I don't care. I got to see "Wicked" again!

They're doing a lottery thing, just like they do in NYC. Basically you show up 2.5 hours before the showtime, turn in your name and how many tickets you want, wait til 2 hours before showtime and then they draw names. There are only 10 sets of tickets (20 tickets total) so that's a limit of 2 per person, paid only with cash ($25) and a valid photo id. There was a show at 1pm today so I figured my chances were good to get in..and boy was I right. I was the only one there til about 10:45 (I got there at 10:15, I think we've established my dorkiness), when only one other person showed up. Anyways, while I was waiting a woman and a young man approached me, asking if I was waiting for the lottery. I said I was and she was like..GREAT! Would you mind going on tv? I was like..ummm...what? Apparently our local news (Channel 13) was doing a story on the lottery and they were afraid no one was going to show up at all since it was a strange time for a show! So they interviewed me, asking questions about the show and what I liked about it..etc. I really have no idea what I said. It was kind of surreal at this point. Plus, I was afraid that people were going to show up and ruin my chances of getting in! They were all excited when they saw someone else coming over too. I got to talking to the other woman who showed up and turns out we both go to the same church--and I was like..oh, you might have seen me singing there sometime. She looked at me and was like..OH MY GOSH. You are like a CELEBRITY to me! I thought that was hilarious--if you know me at all, I am NOT a celebrity. lol...she was like..you..and that other guy that sings--are you guys like..dating, or married? She gave a physical description and I just laughed...she was talking about my Dad. I explained that no-that was just my dad. So funny. Anyways...it was really cool to meet her-she hadn't seen the show before and was really excited about it. I had seen it before, and was really excited about it =) It finally turned 11am, we got our seats (Front row, almost center) and I went home..got Mom, and we headed back to Norfolk to see the show-again!

Now I've been going over my songs/lines for tonight-I have a show tonight! I hope I don't go out there just singing songs from Wicked! =)

Oh, and another thing--if i had a job-I wouldn't be able to do these kinds of things. Having a job can suck it! =)

No comments: