Monday, August 4, 2008

Wow...so..yeah, I've been back..for a month!

TIME FLIES.

That is the theme of my post today.  And of the post of my life really. Blink you and suddenly you are 31, eh? Time flies, but it also does not at the same time. It has taken me FOREVER to get to the point where I am in my Master's degree. I just finished a class (awaiting the C.S. Lewis class grade) and will soon be embarking upon my last semester. I can hardly even believe it. The time has gone slowly, and downright almost stopped at times (pauses in Master's aren't bad, are they?)....and now it is here. My last semester. Doubling up and taking 6 credit hours (while working both full and part time jobs) the past few semesters was really a good idea.  But also, wow, am I scared. I have no idea what in the world I will be doing after I finish my degree. People ask me and I quickly change the subject! I want to write..I enjoy writing--but I also hate writing--lol..I am a quandry wrapped up in an enigma. Topped off with a riddle. I think what I mean about 'hating' writing (and I'm talking like..non creatively. I am not a creative writer. at all)...is that I hate the discipline of it. Because I have no discipline! You have to actually make deadlines and turn things in and like...write things on a timetable. I should have been pushing myself to do this more throughout the degree, don't you think? Ugh..no one to blame but myself. But, and wow am I rambling...I think for now I'm just going to focus on getting through this semester..maybe brushing up the ol' resume and sending it out and see if I get any bites. 

Before I know it, it'll be December!

No comments: