Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a year it has been (so far)

Well, I canNOT even believe it is APRIL already. April 6th! What the? Where has 2008 gone? It has been SUCH a whirlwind. I should have known it would be by starting it with a trip to NYC for the last few days of December 07 and first day of January. The semester at school is not going as well as it should and most of that is due to my laziness, but also because I took a bit of a tumble three weeks ago. It has slowed me down significantly in the typing area. It is taking me forever to even post this thing! But, just to give you an idea of my year, thus far, let's do a little quarter year check up in no particular order, other than how i'm remembering things:

-Celebrated New Year's in NYC
-had lots of fun times with friends visiting me in town
-done lots of dog-sitting (shocker)
-bought a planner
-am actually using it to 'plan things'
-Taking two classes at the same time (not just a moduar or something, one online, one on campus)
-had a fun visit with Bridget and the boys w/my Mom
-Made some new friends at school
-got an awful case of the flu
-car repairs needed, warranty covered it (yay)
-lots of baby showers
-had a cavity filled
-went to see Michael Buble in concert
-got to hang out with his DRUMMER! We're totally BFF's now.Seriously, he wrote Jenn and is like..are you guys going to come see us on the last leg of our tour? (EEK. I AM BROKE)
-Went to see a touring show of Rent
-it was 'eh'. looking forward to the movie
-And, oh--yeah, totally ate it by slamming into a wall after my ankle rolled. In front of 15 people. Of course.
-facebook addiction grew
-discovered the lure of twittering (twitter.com)

AND...the big news..I'm going to ENGLAND in JUNE!!! Last week of June and first of July I will be in jolly ol' England on a Study Abroad course my school is offering. I might have to sell a few organs or my firstborn child to pay for it (ha ha, kidding) but I'm determined to do it without taking out a loan! Someone has already generously blessed me with a gift towards the trip--I'm in awe of how God takes care of me, time after time. I don't deserve it, at ALL! Anyways--got any odd jobs you need doing? For um, pay? I'll do it! No more turning dogsitting jobs down, that's for sure!

So, that's about it friends. Now that I've posted this link on my facebook page maybe more of you will actually read this stuff! Feel free to comment!

Love,
Shawna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

shawna...

need a bucksitter during whiteboard. i believe its thurs-sat of memorial day weekend. you free??

Unknown said...

Heck yeah, kim! I love me some buck-time =)