Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Exam Day

Well, it has finally arrived...the last day of class..and I couldn't be more relieved. Well, actually I could-I'd be more relieved if we didn't have to take an exam today. But, that's neither here nor there--my friends and I have been studying and I feel like I am as prepared as I can possibly be. At this point, I just want to take the durn thing! But, one more hour..I can make it =) I think it's the same kind of mentality with which I approach giving a presentation in class-I just want to get it over with and go first!

This has been a really tough semester. I've been taking 2 grad classes simultaneously and both of them have been a lot of work, but the one I'm taking in person has been a little more attention demanding so it's captured alot of my time. Hopefully after finishing this exam today I can just bang out what I need to for the other class and the professor will have mercy on me. He's been cool in the past, but pray!

On top of school stuff both of my jobs have kicked into high gear lately. I've been given a title change at Regent. I'll still be doing the same old stuff but also doing some other records processing that have trickled down to me. In my time at regent I have gone from temp to records assistant to records processor to scheduling coordinator to the most recent-Senior Records Processor. That makes me feel old. The powers that be want to give me (and others who also had job/title changes) a raise, but it all depends on the ol' budget. I want to be like Tim Gunn and say-Make it work, people! Make it work! A pay raise would be much welcome when I'm going to England this summer. My other job, the one playing piano at church, has also blossomed into something else--and I will definitely get a pay raise there (yay) but I don't know how much at this point. Anything would be welcome.

Is anyone else stalking their mailbox for the economic stimulus checks?!?! Or, are you too cool for school and got it direct deposited...? I went old-school this year. Hopefully it will arrive soon. As I mentioned before..trip to England is looming!


Okay, that's about it for now. I might update later and let everyone (whoever is reading this) know how the exam went.

And whether or not I gouged myself in the eye w/a spoon during it.


Kidding (sorta).

No comments: