Friday, February 20, 2009

"Zombie Prom" excitement!


Here it is! The poster for "Zombie Prom"! The director sent it so that we can start promoting it through various means. I AM SO EXCITED! I'm not in the show a whole lot, but when I am-I'm having a blast. The director and crew are amazing and my cast-mates are SO much fun. It has been so great getting to know everyone. Some of the over-21's (as we refer to ourselves) went out for karaoke after rehearsal last night and we have plans for even more of us to go out on Saturday evening. Yay! We call ourselves the over-21's because there are actually quite a few high-schoolers in the show-bless their hearts! I love them too, but I haven't been around them as much as I am an 'adult' now. Sigh. =) I did not realize just how much I missed being around the creative theatre types. We're definitely of a special breed! I've got the bug so bad now that I'm actually considering trying out for another show! Yikes! It would coincide with commencement ceremonies though, so I'll have to think about it and figure out if it'd be too much of a hassle. Not saying that I'll get in, of course! Just trying to think through the logistics of being in a show makes me crinkle my forehead.

On another note--I'm watching "My Fair Lady" on TCM right now. I used to watch this movie every. single. day. Seriously. I still remember 90% of the words/dialogue. It's kind of scary actually--just how many lyrics are running around in my brain-and are they taking over where they shouldn't? Like, is that why I'm not good at long division and stuff? Too many lyrics? It's strange watching it now though, as a 31 year old and not a 13 year old. It's more obvious to me that it's not Audrey Hepburn singing. She had a vocal dub for the singing parts alone-the word on the street is that Ms. Hepburn was very upset by the studio's decision to do this as she had recorded all of the music when they went with Marni Nixon (I think that's her name-she's also the singing voice of Natalie Wood in "West Side Story" and Deborah Kerr in "The King and I". Yes, i know too much about these things! I did go to film school though) I watched a special on the movie once and they played part of Ms. Hepburn's singing and I really don't think she sounded that bad. But, the studio was king in those days and things were done differently than now.

So, yeah. Still no job-for those who are wondering. I have some prospects (hopefully) but, it's not looking too great these days. Sigh....

1 comment:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love My Fair Lady! And I felt terrible for Audrey Hepburn when I read that she never knew that they were going to dub in a different singer for the music. She apparently worked really hard with voice lessons.